I thought for a long time about how best to write this work, but still decided to choose the essay itself. It will be less accurate from the point of view of figures, but more accurate from the point of view of the real situation in the labor market of IT specialists and will highlight the problems and prospects of training specialists. Since I myself am an unqualified and inexperienced specialist and see a real picture from the point of view of a person who wants to get a job in the IT field.
To do this, I reviewed more than 1,000 vacancies and sent more than 500 reviews with the desire to work on these vacancies. Most of them are related to the development, programming and testing of sites and applications. Interest was in these directions. Therefore, the essay is written in the direction of development, testing, programming of sites, mobile applications.
I also have experience in communicating with a certain group of people who also want to work in the IT field, but do not yet work. Personally, I was a student of layout courses and courses on testing sites and software. Based on this knowledge and experience in studying and finding a job in IT, I wrote this essay.
During a real-time real-time study for 15 months, I received comprehensive information about what you need to have a candidate for an up-to-date vacancy in the labor market in IT. And this is a painful problem for both the job seeker and the employer as well.
Але після аналізу цієї інформації постає питання: де взяти такий досвід, якщо для цього потрібно попрацювати на реальних комерційних проєктах? Також питання, де брати необхідні знання для цього досвіду. Тому це є проблемою, яку можливо вирішити за допомогою зворотного зв’язку роботодавця та потенційного спеціаліста під час навчання на IT-напрямках у ВНЗ. Щоб перспективний молодий IT-спеціаліст уже з першого курсу мав план свого розвитку, а не складав його самостійно за YouTube-каналами під час роботи, що потрібно, але не завжди відповідає кваліфікації фахівця.
Перспективним є те, що деякі IT-компанії розуміють суть проблеми підготовки IT-спеціалістів та починають працювати (а деякі вже давно активно працюють) над тим, щоб розвивати майбутніх спеціалістів самостійно. Створюють власні курси та навчають майбутніх співробітників за власними навчальними програмами. Для деяких компаній це вже стало традицією. Тому поступово на такий спосіб пошуку фахівців має перейти більшість IT-компаній для того, щоб втриматися на ринку. Бо на сьогодні ринок ІТ недоукомплектований, але вибирати немає з кого, оскільки вимоги до знань та досвіду дуже високі.
Therefore, in order to survive, companies switch to independent training and training of specialists. Such specialists will be inexpensive in terms of remuneration, because they will understand that they will not receive work elsewhere. They will also be grateful to such an employer, because after looking for a job in IT for more than 1 year and not finding it, everyone thinks whether he is moving there. And the worst thing is that a potentially high-quality IT specialist can fade without shone! That’s one of the biggest problems in this topic.
After analyzing and using real experience in communicating with employers and job seekers in IT, I can draw the following conclusions:
1. Technical education is not the main thing.
2. Higher education is also not the main thing.
3. The main thing is real experience. Preferably from 2-3 years.
4. No matter how great the need for IT specialists, the inexperienced are still reluctantly taken.
5. The presence of good spoken English today is the main driving force when deciding to hire an inexperienced specialist.
6. In the IT labor market, there is a tendency to create its own courses of IT companies. After all, it is easier to study a specialist for your needs than to find a ready-made experienced specialist, since the staff shortage is constantly growing. The whole world is moving towards total digitalization, so new realities are pushing companies to take such steps.
7. No matter how rich, high-quality and relevant education is – even if it is technical – this does not guarantee that tomorrow someone will need such a specialist.
8. The IT market has become so dynamic that knowledge must be replenished constantly and efficiently. At the same time, it gives impetus and opportunities for self-realization of most candidates with non-technical education, but with a strong desire to study and work in IT.